Love this! I use it when traveling and even doing laundry at home. It saves SO much water and helps me feel more connected to the washing process, which I appreciate.
Used the Scrubba Wash Bag with biodegradable soap several times over our seven day catamaran adventure. Worked great with no leaks and good cleaning results.
I bought it to hand wash delicates fairly frequently, and so far it's doing great. I made a few operator errors when I first used it, but have had no issues otherwise.
First of all, the Scrubba took only a couple days to arrive, which was a good surprise.
It is lightweight and takes very small space when folded. The washing process is easy, my clothes looked clean afterwards.
It took me a couple of tries to close it correctly without leaks though, but once that got figured out, it was very useful for my trip's small load.
Hello, I bought my scrubba just less than 6 months ago. my use for it has been to help supplement my laundry budget. I live in an apartment with no washer/dryer so I have to use the laundry mat. This scrubba has worked for me well, but I wouldn't reccomend anyone else to get this for this purpose.
1. it doesn't take much longer than a washer would for the same amount of clothes, but it does take effort. more than just spinning a handle, you are actually scrubbing the clothes you are washing. If you slack off, your clothes won't be as clean.
2. washing in bulk is very exhausting. not on your body, but more like you get bored, and uncomfortable. I wash my clothes in the bathtub - I have had one too many accidents and spill water everywhere in my apartment, so this was my solution. it hurts my back honestly, and I can't really play music unless im blaring it because of how often I am using the water from my tub, and how wet my hands get.
3. I wouldn't say that the quality is amazing. the bag is still all intact, but the top, where there are 2 heavier plastic strips (I assume to create a nice seal on the bag, when folded) are falling off and ripping, causing some water spillage no matter what I do.
4. I am unable to wash heavier things effectively. I can throw hoodies in this to knock some dirt off, but if they had any type of deep stain, they are just too big to wash for me. This is inconvenient heading into winter.
5. It doesn't save that much water. I haven't taken measurements or anything, but rinsing my clothes are not easy. I may use about 2 tsp of very dilute laundry detergent, and it takes me about 30sec- 1 min to rinse my clothes free of bubbles in my bathtub tap. rinsing them inside the scrubba just doesn't work for me. If I use less soap, it seems like my clothes don't get clean.
Over all - I think the scrubba would be great to use if you were hiking, or in the extreme wilderness and have nothing else to do with your time. but also please research other options if you are buying it for the same purpose as me. I will be keeping mine, in case something I try next doesn't work, but I would not recommend if you may have the same problems as me.