Works great for those times when a machine is not available or for washing just a couple of delicate items. Words of caution, ensure bag is rolled/sealed at minimum indicated on bag and always check a second time that vent is closed before "washing".
I really like the Allurette washer. I haven't traveled with it yet but I've been testing it pretty regularly at home. A few tips for prospective buyers:
1. Don't overload it too much. I find that it works best with fewer items. One day's worth of underwear and socks is about as much as I'd want to put in it. You could put more, but it becomes more difficult to get a good scrub on individual items.
2. For heavily soiled items (muddy socks, etc.), I would recommend giving them a rinse and rub together in the sink before washing them, just to get the actual dirt off them.
3. Once you have rolled, clipped, and released the air, I recommend only scrubbing with one hand and using your free hand to hold the clipped part of the bag up a little. With vigorous sloshing, water can make its way up and out. This prevents that from happening.
4. Even though you can rinse items in the bag, I personally like to rinse them individually under running water and wring them out. I feel like I just get a better rinse that way.
5. If you can, grab a large towel and put the rinsed items inside it to dry them a little before you hang them. They'll still be much wetter than if you'd washed them in a washing machine with a spin cycle, but this prevents them from dripping.
I hope this was helpful!
I’ve traveled my whole life and the one thing I’ve hated doing is the hand washing in the sink of hotels rooms. This removed that irritation entirely! I used this and the larger scrubba bag. I’d place the items in, put in half a detergent sheet (a whole for workout gear), add water, close the bag then scrub the clothes back and forth for a few minutes. Often I would leave it for a while and go down for breakfast (if I was in the room I’d scrub it around ever now and then). Low effort and yet clothes came out clean! Rinse, pat, hang and done. These products are a game changer!!!
Love this for washing laundry. So much easier than trying to wash in a basin or sink and so much more effective. Will always pack it to take with me in the future. Highly recommend it.
So convenient when camping